Are you looking for that smooth internal wall or ceiling finish?
Are you struggling to find a good plasterer?
We have forged relationships with top quality building companies who rely on our skills and attention to detail to maintain their reputation as quality builders. Our customers come back to us time and time again and are happy to recommend our services. This high level of return and repeat business is representative of the quality of our customer service and our friendly, customer approach.
Whether domestic or commercial we can achieve the perfect plaster, skim, and finish for your project.
If you are unsure of exactly what you need then please feel free to get in touch HOLT Plastering & Rendering Contractors for a free consultation and quote.
What we can do for you...
- Harling/dry-dash roughcasting is a process which involves a render being applied to the exterior walls of your property and whilst still wet a specially shaped trowel is used to throw pebbles or small stone chips onto the surface. We have extensive experience in this application and have many happy customers.
- K-Rend is a smooth render coat applied to your property. More and more of our customers are now opting for the ultimate external finish with K Rend which is available in 20 different colours. No more painting, pointing and unsightly cracking, its energy efficient and water resistant, meaning it's low maintenance.
- Skimming means to use a finishing plaster either on new plasterboard or over existing walls or ceilings to create a smooth finish for painting or wall papering. As plasterers we skim everything from new build houses, extensions and attic conversions to smaller jobs such as skimming over uneven walls or over dated artex walls and ceilings. There's no job too big or small.
- Wet dashing is even harder wearing than dry dash, its a traditional finish that is a popular alternative to dry dash, especially in the Scottish regions. A flat base coat is applied followed by a through-coloured slurry coat which when evenly applied, provides an attractive, watertight, textured finish. Wet dashing is a finish which is traditionally and commonly painted.
- Dot and dab is a technique that was developed to replace traditional wet plastering and it is now frequently used in new buildings. It has gained in popularity due to its lower costs, faster installation, quicker drying time and ease of finishing. Walls finished in this way can be painted almost immediately. We are more frequently being asked to dot and dab using insulated boards, which increases your home's energy efficiency.
- Plaster Cornice, also known as Coving or Cornicing, is a moulding that crowns any room covering the wall/ceiling join. Coving helps to give a room a more elegant feel and also greatly improves both the property style and value. We have extensive experience in the repair of ornate cornicing in older properties and the creation of new cornicing or coving.